08 September 2010

A New Beginning


It's been two months since my last post ... eesh. It's amazing how really gets in the way of writing about life! I am happy to report, though, that in my long hiatus I've been up to lots of exciting things--from a roadtrip to taking ballroom dance classes to studying for what better be the last of standardized tests for forever. As for writing ...though I wish I could have gotten on this earlier, I have an extra special excuse today to light the fire under my butt and spend more time doing some sold bloggin'. At sundown today begins the Jewish New Year, and I am making a resolution to be back and better than ever and help my still-baby blog grow. And helping me ring in the year 5771 is an introduction from Tim, my blogger-buddy from across the pond in Holland (read how Tim and I met and came up with this idea in one of my August entries here). Here he is!:

Hey everyone!

As you may know, or not, Alison and I are going to write to each other on both of our blogs.
We thought it would be good to start off with a little intro, so here we go!

I'm Tim, 24, and I live in Holland. Currently I'm working as a journalist for a regional newspaper in Eindhoven. I follow all the interesting stuff that happens in two municipalities with a total population of 30,000 people, and obviously, I write about it. Aside from that I try to keep up with all the big changes that are happening right now in both journalism and communication (think social media, Apple and other fun stuff).

About my hometown: it's called Tilburg and it's very near Eindhoven, the city I was born and raised. Tilburg is full of students and loads of fun to go out, but home is where the heart is I guess and that's why I'll probably move to Eindhoven soonish - when I find an apartment that is. Oh and talking about Eindhoven, it has the best football club in the country, PSV, and it's wherePhilips (from the lamps and tv's) started its business. Basically that's why it's a city now.

Me and Alison actually met in Perugia, Italy. I lived there for nine months (08-09), and take my word for it: it's paradise. Nine months of mayhem is probably a way to describe it. But -too bad- it couldn't last forever and so now we're living the serious life. Right, Alison? ;)

I hope you'll enjoy our writings that are to come!

Ciao!

Tim

***
This officially begins our project and blogging relationship, alongside a new year for me. I'm throwing bread into the canal, eating apples dipped in honey, and kissin' lots of cheeks, and cheering to (re-)beginnings. We need more cowbell! Or maybe some more shofar?

No comments:

Post a Comment