24 March 2011

Raisinets for all!

I am MIA no more!  And the motivation for returning from my short hiatus?  This news that makes me so unbelievably happy I can't believe it ... Today, March 24th, is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day.  Right?!  I am so excited (yet slightly confused) that my favorite candy has it's own holiday that I am telling everyone I know.  Oh, happy day!

(credit)
Unfortunately I had such a busy day that I did not get my hands on any Raisinets today BUT tomorrow I will have my very own pseudo-Chocolate-Covered-Raisin-Day and eat all the Raisinets I want and nobody is going to stop me.

And why yes, I am enjoying my brand new Twitter account, thanks for asking!  In fact, I have some random people's tweets to thank for informing me of such a notable holiday in the US.  Other things I learned from Twitter this week:

  • Elizabeth Taylor died
  • A man in North Carolina claimed to see Big Foot
  • LOL, OMG, & <3 have been added to the Oxford Dictionary
  • Class of 2015 acceptance letters went out at my alma mater.  I'm old.
  • 20-Something Bloggers reached 17,000 bloggers (and I'm one of them)!  Congrats, 20SB!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks. No chocolate covered raisins for me today either!

    I thought the same thing when I saw the DU tweet about 2015 acceptance letters. I started in the fall on 2002! Wowza.

    That video of the NC country man who thought he saw Big Foot just kills me, haha.

    ReplyDelete