02 February 2011

I'm a big girl now

Things I did in the past 24 hours that I am proud of:

- killed an ENORME daddy-long-legs.  it was terrifying and disgusting and I will spare you the details.  let's just say it died in more pieces than Rupert & Wanda, and it was not fun going at it alone.
- took the bus to work, and arrived early.
- got hooked up to a 2-monitor computer.  schmancy!
- didn't have to double check the metro map to find out which route I was taking.  I knew.
- took the metro.
- changed my shoes on the metro.
- went to a college alumni event, wore a name tag with my year on it, networked, collected business cards. So adult.
- bought a SmarTrip card that can get me on the metro and busses with an easy swipe.
- used said SmarTrip card.
- in the dark, got off the right stop from the bus without having to ask the bus driver.  though he did look kind.
- ordered my own business cards.

woot.

1 comment: