01 February 2011

It starts.

I keep trying to start this entry but I am so distracted by the renewed presence of cable TV in my life,  I have had this "new post" page up for 45 minutes.  It's the third episode in a row of SVU... thank you USA! 

Okay, let's go! (2 hours later) ...

Welp, this is it. The starting of the next pod of life.  Up the hill I go.  I packed up my life into boxes, said goodbye to the home in which grew up, and drove my car to new city to start an internship at an organization I know very little about.  The adventure began right at the start.  After a drudge-like drive on a snowy route 15, we arrived at my new address.  And there was no light to be seen. Yep, there was no power in the house due to the snowstorm.  So, we carried my boxes, bin of shoes, bags of clothes, and more bags of clothes into an apartment that I still hadn't seen.  That was a little unsettling, but it seemed nice in the dark.  With the possibility of a cold night ahead of us, we took a drive around the neighborhood and wound up driving down Capitol Avenue, with the Capitol building right in front of us.  Pretty cool.  Then the Washington and Jefferson monuments showed up.  This is when I realized that I really was living in Washington DC.  It was a pretty crazy feeling (spending the next day walking down Pennsylvania Avenue, taking the bus and metro, and perusing dinosaur fossils at the Smithsonian helped too).  And when we arrived back from our drive, the power was back!  The warmth and lights returned and I was able to take a real look at the place, and it is beyond adorable.

And now here I sit, in a cozy, colorful, and well-decorated basement apartment that is the perfect little perch for a girl like me.  And ironically, like my last apartment, the walls in each room are painted a different bold color--my bathroom is purple, bedroom is yellow, and my kitchen is a lovely, smokey blue.  I even have fancy wood coat hangers, foldable closet-style doors to my bathroom, a lap table for TV dinners, and a red teapot.  Totes adorbs:


My entranceway.
Fancy hangers, paper lamp, coats, & boots.
Kitchen.
Tea & dinner tray.  I'm a grandma.

Cash Cab is on!

4 comments:

  1. the Grandma in me loves your tea & dinner tray. I totes tea muchos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your apartment--looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog! And I love it! Great seeing you last night!

    ReplyDelete