22 February 2011

A post about burritos? Ok.

This food is comfort food.  It reminds me of my college days, when that trip to Heath, OH was what usually made the night or weekend.


Life cannot be bad when you have a Chipotle burrito in your hands.  Seriously, people.  There is nothing like holding the weight of that 2 pound burrito, knowing that all that weight will soon sit in your stomach.  Corn salsa.  Black beans.  Sour cream.  Guacamole.  Cilantro-lime rice.  I mean ... just ... YUM!  As I sat and ate this mexican goodness all by my lonesome, I was doing the "happy food dance" that my sister has rightfully coined.  The happy food dance was originated around the eating of chocolate, but in rare moments, something else inspires the upper body and arm boogie of charmed taste buds.  I may have looked like a loony tune, but my grins were true and I did not care.

Who knew that a burrito could whip me into a verbal frenzy? (Why yes, that WAS a movie reference).  Guess this girl knows what she likes.  Do I care about the obscene amount of calories I just digested?  Absolutely not.  Life is short, my friends--gobble up the good stuff when you can.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, we lived on this at school! They used to have a Halloween special (dress like a burrito and get one free), so one year a bunch of us dressed as an ingredient and wrapped ourselves in foil. Getting through the door was tough, but the free food was worth it.

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooooling.

    let's meet for chipotle sometime?

    ReplyDelete